Wednesday, April 28, 2010

OOH LOOKEE HERE ANOTHER POST!

Today, I got thinking about what I'm going to do with my life. I mean, I'm pretty sure I want to go into theater, then take over Womp's position at my school after I go to college, but what if that changes? I mean, I've had a lot of preconcieved ideas about what I want to do with my life. I'm pretty sure at one point I wanted to be a janitor, like Junie B. Jones. Don't judge me.

Also, I went to a pretty "Wicked" masterclass yesterday(HAH LOOK AT THAT I MADE A JOKE) with Tom Flynn who played Dr. Dillamond, and he said that it's incredibly difficult to "make it big" in theater. And, that about 1% of the actors in New York make a decent income. I know I'm passionate about theater and I want to get better at it and spend my live involved with it, but is it worth the effort? Sometimes I think it would be nice to turn back time to when I was five when I wanted to be a pediatrician, a fireman, and a gardener all at once.

Signing off.

P.S. To my readers, who are few and far between, what is the weirdest career choice you've ever considered? 6 year-old "dream jobs" count/preferred. :D

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to be a brain surgeon, until I watched one show on discovery health network and got weak-kneed from the fact that they were INSIDE a human body. That dream fizzled quick

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i wanted to be an orphan?
    and probably something like a tiger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted to be a train.

    don't worry lucy, you'll figure it out. if theatre is something you really love doing, you should go for it. as long as you like doing it, that matters more than how much money you make.

    <3

    ReplyDelete